Dear Young Engineering Geologists on behalf of the Ingeokring Board and TU Delft, we are pleased to announce the 2019 Ingeokring Autumn Symposium dedicated to:
“Post-mining risk management in the Netherlands”
Four keynote speakers will focus on risk identification and prevention activities to ensure the safety of decommissioned coal mining sites in Limburg:
▪ 13:40 “The legacy of coal mining in Limburg” by ir. Hans Roest, Staatstoezicht op de Mijnen
▪ 14:30 “Dealing with Post-Mining-Hazards. From theoretical approach to practical remediation” by dr. Johannes Klünker, Ingenieursbüro Heitfeld-Schetelig GmbH, Aachen, Germany
▪ 15:20 “The regional information centre” by ir. Jaap Spaans, Informatiecentrum Nazorg Steenkoolwinning
▪ 15:50 “Administrative aspects of aftercare of coal mining in Limburg” by ir. Frank Denys, Energie en Klimaat, Ministerie van Economische Zaken en Klimaat
Then, a one hour discussion will be broaden to post-mining risk management for new resource extractions in the Netherlands.
The symposium will close at 17:10, and will be followed by drinks.
We trust the symposium will give an interesting and objective insight into “subsurface aftercare” in the Netherlands.
Please feel free to forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested in participating to the symposium. The attendance is free of charge.
Do send an e-mail to email@example.com if you wish to join the event.
Note that the keynote lectures will be preceded by:
▪ 12:30 Ingeokring ALV meeting, room 1.98
▪ 13:00 Drinks in the hallway
▪ 13:20 Official opening of the symposium
▪ 13:30 Best student thesis award
Looking forward to seeing you at the symposium.