Short Course on Water Supply
27-29 October 2020 – New Forest, Uk
The course will be presented by Prof Stefano Mambretti from the Politecnico di Milano, Italy. Prof Stefano Mambretti works in the field of Hydraulic engineering as a researcher, designer and consultant in many countries in Europe, South America, Africa and Asia.
– Water balance. First evaluation of the network.
– IWA procedures and their field of application.
– IWA performance indicator.
– Identifying criticalities using curt methods.
– Computer programs for hydraulic modelling: a survey.
– What a computer program can do, and what it cannot.
– Problems commercial computer programs cannot solve and the research carried out at Politecnico di Milano: optimization, leak detection, sectorization.
– Management and rules.
– Application to case studies.